Camping at Wells
ArtsWells Weekend camping passes (if available) are $20 per person for the full weekend; $20 for a tent camping pass which includes one person, $40 per RV camping Pass which includes one person. ArtsWells Camping passes must be purchased for each additional person camping. Each patron who pays a camping pass will get a camping wristband at the Box office.
There are two camping areas; One in the ball diamond is family/quiet camping & the other is a General Camping area behind the Bears Paw Venue.
Camping passes are now available by phone (1-866-943-8849) and online through Ticket Break.
Please note, there is an extra charge of $2.50 per order for telephone sales.
Book early if you want to guarantee a spot for the weekend. The ArtsWells camping has portable toilets and access to non-potable water. It does not have hook ups for RVs or access to showers, however there are private camping sites in Wells that do have access (see list below).
IMPORTANT WELLS INFORMATION:
- There is no cellular reception in Wells. There is a payphone at the Wells Hotel that you may use. In an emergency, you will be able to use the phone at the IMA office on Pooley Street.
- There are limited food, drink, toiletry supplies in Wells. Please come prepared.
- Alcoholic beverages are sold as off-sales in the Wells Hotel and at the Legion.
- Alternative Accommodations in Wells and Barkerville
The ArtsWells festival weekend gets very busy so please book early.
Non-ArtsWells Camping and RV sites:
- Cariboo Joy’s RV Park: Tended season-round RV park with bathroom and shower facilities. No tenting, RVs only.
- Barkerville Campgrounds: Many camping sites within 3km of Barkerville. These campsites are a 20 minute bike ride or 5 minute drive from Wells. Fire pits, flush toilets, coin operated showers, and a playground at Lowhee!
- Nugget Hills RV Park & Camping: RV water and electrical hook-ups, & showers.
Indoor Accommodations in Wells and Barkerville:
- The Wells Hotel: Historical Wells Hotel on Pooley Street with a pub, restaurant, and cafe on the main floor. One of the venues during the ArtsWells festival.
- The Hubs Motel Across the street from the Bear’s Paw. Book early.
- The White Cap Motor Inn: Room Available book early.
- St. George Hotel B&B, Barkerville: Stay right in historic Barkerville
- The Kelly and King House B&B, Barkerville: Stay right in historic Barkerville
Please call the IMA office for more information. 1(800)442-2787
Thank you to all the ArtsWells sponsors!