Overview: Island Mountain Arts Society is a non-profit organization based in Wells, BC. We provide emerging and professional arts training, operate a public art gallery and gift shop, and deliver an ongoing series of cultural events including the ArtsWells Festival of All Things Art. Please visit our website at www.imarts.com for additional information. We are seeking a creative and motivated individual to fill the following part time position:
ArtsWells Festival Production Assistant
Hourly Wage Rate $15.00/hr (21 hours per week)
Employment period: October 28 to December 29, 2018
The ArtsWells Festival Production Assistant will assist in all aspects of the Artswells Festival of All Things Art. This student will develop transferable skills in a creative and challenging work environment that will demand both self-direction and teamwork. Working under the guidance of professional arts administrators, the Production Assistant will gain hands-on experience in the growing cultural-tourism sector.
The Production Assistant will assist with the planning and co-ordination of the ArtsWells Festival. They will be involved in the development and management of artist, vendor and volunteer online application forms. They will assist in marketing strategies through social media and website development. They will assist with providing support for performers, sound and set up crews and planning of festival workshops. They will liaise with the ArtsWells Festival Committee on an as-needed basis and attend regular monthly meetings. They will be responsible for compiling printed and audio video materials for reports and promotion and other duties as assigned. They will assist with grant writing and final reports related to the festival.
· Full-time returning student in a field related to the position (e.g. fine arts, performing arts, arts administration, marketing, media studies)
· Interest and/or skills in the performing arts, arts administration and education
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent communication skills: written and verbal, fluent in English
· Proven computer skills: word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, data entry
· Attention to detail, thorough, conscientious, creative and with a sense of humour
· Is between 16 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
· Is a student in a post-secondary, vocational or technical program
· Is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or has refugee status in Canada
· Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations (Unfortunately, foreign students are not eligible)
Characteristics of the town: Wells, situated two hours south-east of Prince George and one-hour east of Quesnel, is located 8km from Barkerville, one of Canada's largest historic sites, and a short drive from the Bowron Lake chain, a world renowned paddling destination. Though winter population in Wells hovers around 250, the population nearly doubles in summer. A culturally vibrant community located in the mountains, Wells provides endless activities for those with a passion for culture, history and the outdoors. As such, Wells is a lively summer tourist destination for both regional and international visitors. Visit www.wellsbc.com for more information on the area.
The Island Mountain Arts office is located in the heart of Wells and houses our public gallery on the top floor, and our offices on the bottom floor. Summer students will interact extensively with local and regional community, working with the District of Wells, Barkerville Historic Town and other cultural venues, as well as local accommodations, restaurants, wilderness guides and other business.
Interested candidates can apply by sending a cover letter and resume by email to: email@example.com
The deadline to apply is October 22, 2018